Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So really….What happened? I swore that I would get better at this whole blogging thing! Time to be realistic. I am going to have to try and do this as often as possible instead of twice weekly since it is obvious that I can’t commit to this. Where to start…? Oh yeah… I am gonna be a dad again! I found out recently that Andrea is going to have another baby, and it’s a boy! Awesome. We are incredibly excited about the August arrival of baby number 2. Things have been hectic and both Andrea and Declan have been pretty ill over the past few months which has not been easy.

The recession has hit our family finally. My sister’s boyfriend lost his job and it seems like my Dad’s is going to be a week by week affair for the foreseeable future. I can remember what it was like when we were kids and Dad’s job would go due to the economy. It happens every 10 to 15 years and it is pretty rough. At least now my folks don’t have to worry about supporting us kids. That’s probably a load off. I am sure that it will get better sooner rather than later but it is gonna be a lean few months for a lot of people.

There is always some hesitation to talk about jobs and the like when things are not going well because you don’t want anyone to dwell too much on the problems that they are having or get too upset about. By the same token I feel bad not discussing it because I worry that my Dad is not talking to my Mom about it which can be hard.

Luckily for us we have a little man running around the house that helps keep everyone’s minds off the troubles that they are having, even if it is just for a little while. Declan is such a happy little guy it makes my heart swell. He cuddles at just the right time and falls asleep on Andrea every night. He loves to give kisses and is insanely ticklish…which has been hilarious! He is a little boy in every way. He is curious, precocious, and exciting. Everything is new to him and fun. He plays cars and runs around with the soccer ball. I love it. I really can’t wait until the new one arrives and they can grow up together. I always wanted a brother and I think that he will be a wonderful big brother.

Anyway, that’s it for now. I will honestly try and update a bit more frequently.

No comments: