Sunday, January 31, 2010

Big Update

It has been a while. Life has been incredibly hectic for us but I am finally going to put fingers to keys and get up to speed. Christmas has come and gone, winter has been fairly mild and there has been a definitely lack of snow. I am slightly upset by this as I have not had the opportunity to get Declan on the tobaggan that I bought last year. All in good time I guess.

Rhys has become such a beautiful little boy. He is now laughing and giggling all the time and his smiles are absolutely adorable. Like his brother, this kid is going to break hearts. He is now 6 months old and from what I remember about Declan this is about the time that he will start gaining the features that will distinguish him from other little Winston Churchills.

I have been having a blast with Declan lately. Monster Trucks are his new favorite thing. His Godfather and I took him to Toronto to see Grave Digger a couple of weeks ago and he has not stopped talking about it. We had an amazing time!

For Christmas Declan was given skates and a helmet. In my family none of us ever learned how to skate. It just wasn't something that we were interested in. I find now though that I want to be able to take my kids on the ice... so I bought some skates. I have been out on them once so far and I didn't fall. I was absolutely terrified but I started to get the hang of it. I am sure that with time we will get it going. Nothing is funnier than seeing a 32 year old man skating like a 4 year old while he is being passed by 6 year olds who are racing.

Andrea and I have the boys in swimming lessons again which is nice. The pool we go to is heated which is great at this time of the year! They are in the same class so Andrea and I can switch up the boys throughout if we want. Declan really enjoys being in the water and is getting really good! Can't wait to have him in Lake Huron this summer!

We had our first night out without the kids last night and it was great! Andrea and I went to Toronto to meet Victor and Shannon at North 44 for Winterlicious dinner. The food was fantastic and the conversation and company was first class. I love that we can do that once in a while and just wish there were more opportunities to see them and catch up.

This was also the first time that Rhys had gone without Andrea's breast milk for more than 6 or 7 hours and both he and Andrea were itching for a feeding by the time we got home. I figured that I would get about 6 hours sleep before waking up for work. Unfortunately, at around 1:45am Rhys threw up EVERYTHING that he ate. What a mess. It took about 15 minutes to clean him, the bed and Andrea up. Poor kid. Poor Mummy. Nonetheless, it was certainly worth it and it definitely didn't put a damper on our night.

That's it for now. More to come soon!

No comments: