Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sickies

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. So far Rhys, Declan, Andrea and Andrea's parents have all been hit with the flu. I am just waiting for my turn and believe me I am not looking forward to it! This years flu virus is brutal! It hits you like a truck and puts you on your arse for a day and keeps you feeling like rubbish for a couple more. It's incredibly how quick it hits.

Luckily Rhys and Declan bounced back pretty quickly and I hope that after a day of resting Andrea is feeling a bit better as well. I guess it's lucky that they cancelled my surgery after all. If they didn't who would be taking care of people at the sick house?

The best part is that they cancelled my surgery because the hospital was filled with too many people who are sick. They couldn't find a bed for me and have to cancel surgeries because people with the flu are overloading their system. Insane!

I got a call from the surgeons office yesterday and they want to rebook for about a month from now but they still can't guarantee that the surgery will happen. I am going to hold off until about March in the hopes that all the Sickies are done being sick and hopefully at that point I will be able to get a private room to rest in for a day or two!

No comments: