Sunday, December 12, 2010

Frustration

We were so close. We were supposed to get the keys back to the house on Friday with all of the cleaning and touch ups completed. That was not the case. They have been able to clean about 1/2 the house so far and there are still areas that we are not satisfied with. This has lead to no end of frustration for us as the new furniture was set for delivery and it was too late to push it back for a day or two.

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything because the company that has been co-ordinating the renovations to our house has been pretty good with everything; they have been willing to work with us and have answered our questions with speed and courtesy. It's just time to get home. We haven't even done anything Christmas-y as of yet really. There is no tree, no lights, no decorations up, nothing... and it is starting to get me down.

As of now even if we get the keys by Monday or Tuesday we are stuck in a situation where we need to still sort out all of the stuff and try and get the place back to normal before we can really bring the boys back and make sure that it is safe. Like I said... Frustration.

More than anything I want to sleep in my own bed, sit on my own couch and watch my own television. We have been incredibly lucky with the support that Andrea's family has given us but in then end we need to be home.

I know that it will happen soon. I just wish that things were done and we were officially back home.

No comments: