Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rush Hour Insanity

I don't know how many of my friends take the GO to or from work every day. If you do you may be one of the madding hoards that run off the train to get to your car. I was fascinated by this when I first saw it and admit now that I find it annoying more than anything.

How hard is it to open the second door to get down the stairs. Apparently almost impossible, because for the first 20 or so people only one door is opened and they all crush to get through it.

It got so insane a few weeks ago that I actually watched a women fall while running in heels and take 3 people out. I AM NOT JOKING.

All of this to get to their cars first so they are not waiting to get out of the parking lot. I have actually asked Andrea to wait for me at the WalMart parking lot instead of the GO Train one because it is easier to get out of and there is less chance of the car getting hit by some lunatic trying to get out a minute faster.

Having said please enjoy my poem below:


Ode to the GO Train Runner (on departing the train during Rush Hour)

Oh, Runner how you GO.
When the doors open and you dash,
Hopefully avoiding the clash,
That will ultimately happen.
I envy you your determination,
To be the first,
Possibly the worst of the lot.

Oh Runner how you GO.
The bell has barely begun,
And still you run, you run.
No time to open the other door,
Push your way through,
You'll be second no more.
First to the stairs,
Who cares who you shove?

Oh Runner how you GO.
Racing the tunnel and braving the hoards,
Checking others into the boards.
The clip clop of your heels
Like the hammer on steel,
Ringing out through the concrete below.
Take care not to fall,
If you do it shall all be in vain.

Oh Runner how you GO.
The goal's almost in hand.
You are the first,
The fastest in the land.
As the keys slip into the slot
Sit comfortable and warm with the thought
That you end your ride with a run,
Now the wait in your car has begun.

I am sure that I don't need to remind anyone that this poem is a fully original work and is protected by international copyright laws. As such if it is copied or reproduced without the express permission of the creator (ME) I will prosecute you to the full extent of the law.... or ask for a chocolate bar as compensation.

No comments: